This event has very kindly been sponsored by: WESTERN POWER DISTRIBUTION.
Join Cancer Research Wales as we take on the Brecon Beacons at night fall. Guided and supported by JT Expeditions, we will climb Pen Y Fan from Storey Arms, passing the Tommy Jones Obelisk and Corn Du (873m). This exciting challenge will then bring us to the summit of Pen Y Fan (886m) where we will take our team photos and have a quick rest, before descending back down via the Brecon Beacons Way National Trail, back to Pont Ar Daf car park for some well earned refreshments.
Walking distance: 9km
Sign up fee: £25.00, with a minimum sponsorship of £100.00.
- Fundraising support and tools from Cancer Research Wales
- Event management from JT Expeditions staff and mountain leaders, including radio communication
- Safety, first aid and emergency equipment
- Risk assessment and emergency procedures
- Sufficient water for participants
- Hot drinks and snacks
- Donation to National Trust, to maintain our beautiful landscapes
- Event goody bag (to include neon bands and bobble hat)
What’s not included?
- Transport and accommodation
- Personal injury and cancellation insurance
- Head torch (discount codes provided in sign-up pack).
Please note that participants must be over 12 years of age, with under 18’s being accompanied by a parent or guardian. Unfortunately, no dogs are allowed at this event.
Full event Terms and Conditions can be found here.
6:45pm: Participants arrive at Pont Ar Daf car park.
7:15pm: Sign in and event brief.
7:45pm: Walk commences – see map above.
9:45pm: Summit selfies (at 886m above sea level).
12:00am: Last people arrive back at Pont Ar Daf for hot drinks and snacks. Debrief and sign out, ready to head home.
Images kindly donated by Shane White Photography.
If you would like to take on the highest peak in South Wales and help fund cutting edge cancer research happening here in Wales, please fill out the form below. If you have any questions, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 02920 316 976.
If you have already signed up, you can:
Download a sponsorship form here.
Set up a JustGiving page here.